Issue: I want to change my user's password for logging onto my MacinCloud server.
Cause: You may wish to change your MacinCloud server password to something more familiar to you. Note that you cannot change your username.
Solution: There are two different ways to change your password, depending on your subscription type.
1. For Managed and Pay-As-You-Go users
- Log onto the server
- Open 'Finder'
- Click on the 'Applications' tab
- Open the 'Utilities' folder
- Open 'Terminal'
- In Terminal, type "passwd" (Without quotations)
- Enter the new desired password
2. For Dedicated users
- Log onto your server
- Open "System Preferences"
- Click on "Users & Groups"
- Click "Change Password..." for your user
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up to change your password
If you ever forget your password and need it reset to its default, please contact our Support Staff.