1. For all server plans
a. Unable to login ("Login attempt failed"): ensure your credentials are being entered correctly
Ensure that you are entering the username and password credentials provided in the “New MacinCloud Account” email. If you have not received this email check your spam folder.
Please confirm that "Caps Lock" is not turned on
Note that the login window uses the US-QWERTY keyboard layout by default: If you are using a different keyboard layout, be mindful to enter your username and password correctly
b. Slow connection speed or slow performance: check your network speed
You can gauge your local computer's network bandwidth speed (upload and download) as well as the latency between your computer and our server (ping) by visiting the 3rd-party website www.speedtest.net and clicking "Change Server". Enter a the closest Speedtest server location listed below in the ‘Search’ box and click the "Go" button to test your connection. Include a screenshot of the test result in your support ticket.
It is recommended that your Upload Speed should be greater than 100Kbps and that your ping should be less than 150ms for reasonable performance with MacinCloud servers.
If you purchased fast Internet service but the speed test shows abnormal low connection speed scan your computer for viruses and try the speed test on another device
2. Make sure there are no other computers on your network that are downloading large files or streaming video/music when you are using MacinCloud
3. You may have purchased a server in the wrong region (i.e., you are in Europe but selected "North America" as your location during checkout). Please contact our support staff to request a change in your server location.
c. Web portal connection issues: attempt alternate connection methods
RDP (If you're on a Managed or Pay-As-You-Go plan, or have the add-on for your Dedicated plan) as detailed in this article.
VNC (If you're on a Dedicated plan)
2. Plan Specific Troubleshooting
If you still experience issues after trying the steps detailed above, please try the plan specific troubleshooting steps.
a. Managed and Pay-As-You-Go servers
Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 6000. If you are able to connect via web browser but not your RDP client, this is most likely due to a firewall blockage. You can try temporarily disabling your firewall as well to help identify the cause for connection issues
Attempt to connect via the Web Portal
If you are experiencing slow performance or connection speed, try using the "Low Graphics" connection files in the "Advanced Users" folder when connecting to your server
b. Dedicated servers
1. If you are experiencing slow performance or connection speed, try installing a high compression remote desktop protocol like Teamviewer or NoMachine.
2. Reboot your MacinCloud Dedicated server through the Web Portal:
The reboot will take about 5 minutes to complete.
3. If you cannot connect to your MacinCloud Dedicated server after rebooting it, please run the following commands in a terminal/command prompt and include the output in your ticket to our support staff.
3. Contact Us
If the troubleshooting steps detailed above do not resolve your issue, please contact our support staff with the following information:
Your server name and user name
Attempts to resolve the issue (including those mentioned in this article).
How often the issue occurs
Screenshots and error messages
Steps required to recreate the issue
Please note, while we will do everything we can to accommodate your request, we do not have access to internal support resources for resolving issues with your network and cannot guarantee a resolution to issues caused by problems unrelated to our genuine macOS servers.