With so many different MacinCloud server plans to choose from, it can be difficult to make the right pick. Choosing the wrong plan not only limits your ability to utilize our service immediately for your project, but also causes unnecessary frustration and can cost more for you in the long run. This is a post to help you choose the right plan. If you are still confused, please make sure to contact us to get recommendations. We are here to help so do not hesitate to contact our support.
MacinCloud provides 3 major categories of Mac server plans:
If you are looking for a low-cost cloud Mac server solution for building iOS or cross-platform Apps, completing day-to-day tasks that require a Mac, please try our Managed Server Plans. You will receive Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) access information and use any RDP client to gain access to the server. The price starts at $20 per month. Depending on the total amount of time you need per day for accessing the server, you can choose among 3-hour, 5-hour, 8-hour and no time limit plans. Having a hard time to decide which level of commitment you need? Start with the cheapest 3-hour daily limit plan.
If you are using Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (previously Visual Studio Online. Notice that it is different from Visual Studio 2015), and you wish to obtain the VSTS Mac Agent for Continuous Integration, you should choose the VSTS Build Agent Plan. This is a non-interactive plan, meaning that you will not have User Interface access to the Mac through any means other than queuing your builds in the VSTS dashboard.
- Need a Mac server to build and publish your Apps? Start with a High Sierra Managed Server Plan. Most if not all app development tools are already pre-installed for you to jump start your project. Notice that only macOS High Sierra supports Xcode 9.3.x
- Need a trial? Please choose from Managed Server Plans. Managed Server Plans include a 24-hour, $0.99 trial period.
- Need to run "server" Apps? Please choose from Dedicated Server Plans (Only Dedicated Server Plans provide you with full admin/root access to the server)
- Need multiple accounts for teaching/learning iOS, swift and/or e-publishing? Please choose from Managed Server Plans. Managed Server Plans are low cost plans with pre-installed programming tools and applications for immediate use.
- Need customization? Contact us.