Unity Hub comes pre-installed on MacinCloud Managed Server Plans, allowing users to quickly and conveniently install the Unity Editors they need. This article outlines two methods for installing Unity Editors on your Managed server account.
1. Unity Hub is located under the /Applications folder.
2. You do not need to download Unity Hub on the Managed Plan as it may cause conflicting issues.
How to install Unity Editors on MacinCloud Managed Server (Method 1)
Unity's real-time 3D development platform lets artists, designers, and developers collaborate to create amazing immersive and interactive experiences. You can install additional Unity Editors from the Unity Archive by following these steps:
1. Launch Unity Hub from the /Applications folder on your server
2. Open a web browser, and navigate to the Unity downloads page: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
3. Select your desired Unity Editor and click on "Unity Hub".
4. A Unity Hub prompt will appear asking if you wish to open Unity Hub. Click on "Allow".
5. Unity will now open and will prompt to add Modules then click "Install".
Allow a few minutes for the installation to finish and you will see your new Editor within Unity Hub Downloads.
How to install additional Unity Editors on MacinCloud Managed Server (Method 2)
Alternatively, you can install additional Unity Editors from the Unity Archive by following these steps:
1. Open a web browser, and navigate to the Unity downloads page: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
2. Find your desired Unity Editor, and select "Download (Mac)".
3. Once your desired Unity Editor is downloaded to your downloads folder, simply drag and drop this folder into the /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor folder.
If you have any additional questions please contact our support staff. If you have any specific questions about Unity Hub, we recommend contacting their support.
Unity Editor Archive
Interested in MacinCloud Managed Servers?
Visit the Managed Server Plan page to obtain a Managed server.
Do you require full root/admin privileges on a MacinCloud Server?
Visit the Dedicated Server Plan page to obtain a Dedicated Server.