The latest version of Visual Studio 2022 Preview for Mac V17.5 Preview 5 build 1741 is now supported on MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Monterey or later. This version of Visual Studio currently supports the latest version of Xamarin.iOS. Try a Mac Server with Visual Studio for Mac pre-installed by obtaining a Managed Server Plan to quickly get started!
If you do not see the latest version of Visual Studio 2022 Preview for Mac installed on your server, please contact our Support Help Desk to request a software update.
- In the debugger, hovering over and watching the evaluation no longer produces reassignment. It was discovered that the value of x was actually increasing while debugging while the cursor was above the equals sign in an assignment. Now, this has been corrected.
- For all color themes, the selection match highlighting contrast has been addressed.
- There are now fewer UI delays after working on numerous files during extended IDE sessions. Only macOS Ventura was impacted by this problem.
- Full list of improvements and fixes here
- .Net Core SDK 7.0.102, 6.0.405, 5.0.408, and 3.1.422
- .Net Core Runtime 6.0.11
- Xamarin.Android 22.214.171.124
- Xamarin.Mac 126.96.36.199
- Xamarin.iOS 188.8.131.52
- Xamarin.Profiler 184.108.40.206
Xamarin.iOS Remote Build with Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac:
If you wish to utilize Xamarin's Build Host feature with MacinCloud Managed Server Plans, please select the "enable remote build port" add-on at checkout. This enables the SSH port on the Mac server account and allows Visual Studio for Windows work with the Mac account to provide remote build features.
Visual Studio 2022 Preview is supported on macOS Monterey and later.
Official Visual Studio for Mac 2022 Preview Release Notes
Visual Studio for Mac Support
Interested in MacinCloud Managed Servers?
Visit the Managed Server Plan page to obtain a Managed server.
Do you require full root/admin privileges on a MacinCloud Server?
Find out more about MacinCloud Dedicated Server Plans.