The latest version of Visual Studio 2022 Preview for Mac V17.4 Preview 1 build 715 is now supported on MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Monterey or later. This version of Visual Studio currently supports the latest version of Xamarin.iOS. Try a Mac Server with Visual Studio for Mac pre-installed by obtaining a Managed Server Plan to quickly get started!
If you do not see the latest version of Visual Studio 2022 Preview for Mac installed on your server, please contact our Support Help Desk to request a software update.
- Added support for Azure Functions on .NET 7 and NavigateTo source generated documents
- Support for Floating Documents is now back into the IDE
- Added a new Modules view to the debugger
- Added support for .NET MAUI
- Added initial support for .NET MAUI projects
- .Net Core SDK 6.0.400, 5.0.408, and 3.1.422
- .Net Core Runtime 6.0.5
- Xamarin.Android 220.127.116.11
- Xamarin.Mac 18.104.22.168
- Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
- Xamarin.Profiler 126.96.36.199
Xamarin.iOS Remote Build with Microsoft Visual Studio for Mac:
If you wish to utilize Xamarin's Build Host feature with MacinCloud Managed Server Plans, please select the "enable remote build port" add-on at checkout. This enables the SSH port on the Mac server account and allows Visual Studio for Windows work with the Mac account to provide remote build features.
Visual Studio 2022 Preview is supported on macOS Monterey.
Official Visual Studio for Mac 2022 Preview Release Notes
Visual Studio for Mac Support
Interested in MacinCloud Managed Servers?
Visit the Managed Server Plan page to obtain a Managed server.
Do you require full root/admin privileges on a MacinCloud Server?
Find out more about MacinCloud Dedicated Server Plans.