Apple iOS Developers can now utilize Xcode 14 on MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Monterey. The release of Xcode 14 is here to amplify your developer environment. Try a Mac Server with Xcode 14 pre-installed by obtaining a Managed Server Plan to quickly get started!
Xcode 14 includes Swift 5.7 and SDKs for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, tvOS 16, watchOS 9, and macOS Monterey 12.3. On-device debugging with Xcode 14 is supported for iOS 11 and later, tvOS 11 and later, watchOS 4 and later.
- Enabled a single target to support multiple platforms and conditionally include dependencies, code, resources, and build settings for specific platforms
- Added support for development of DriveKit drivers for iPadOS
- Includes a default template for watchOS apps that combines the WatchKit App and WatchKit App Extension targets into a single Watch App target, simplifying code, asset, and localization management. You can deploy single-target watchOS apps to watchOS 7 and later
- Fixed a bug where storyboard would not close when storyboard is open and watchOS or tvOS content is deleted from Xcode settings
- Improvements and new features to Apple Clang Compiler, Asset Catalogs, Build System, Debugging, Documentation, Instruments, Interface Builder, Linking, Localization, Metal, Organizer, Previews, Project Navigator, Refactoring, Signing and Distribution, Simulator, Siri Intents, Source Control, Source Editor, StoreKit, Swift Packages, and Testing