The Web Portal includes a server account sharing feature, which provides users with the ability to share server access with another users' Web Portal account for team collaboration. This article outlines the steps required to share a server account, and access a shared server account via the Web Portal.
- You will only be able to share a server once to one other account user. If you wish to share the server again you will need to remove the user that it is currently shared with.
Sharing provides the user with full portal access for a specific server account.
- Sharing will not provide your password to the other user, and you should securely share your login credentials on your own.
- If you experience any issues with sharing your account or accessing a shared account, please contact our Support staff.
Share a server account through the Web Portal:
To share access to your server account via the Web Portal, follow the steps below:
1. Login to your Web Portal account.
2. Once you have logged in, hover over your account profile on the upper right corner and click "My Profile"
3. Click "Share My Account" tab located on the right side of "Account Settings"
4. Click "Share Account" to open up the account sharing modal.
5. Choose the server that you would like to share, insert the email of the account you would like to share, and then click "Share"
6. The newly shared Web Portal account will now be able to utilize the Web Portal connection method of the shared server.
Access a shared server account through the Web Portal:
To access a shared server account via the Web Portal, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "My Profile" in the upper right hand corner of the page with your user icon.
2. Click on the "Servers" tab and select the Plan type that was shared with you.
3. Click on the dropdown menu that is located on the left side of the browser underneath your name.
4. Select the account email of the user that shared the account. Once selected, the shared server accounts will appear on your "My Servers" page.
5. Click "Actions" on the server you wish to connect to, then click "Connect Now".
6. Enter your username and password (provided to you by the account owner) to connect.