On your iOS device, you will need a Remote Desktop App that allows you to access MacinCloud remotely. We recommend a free app called "Remote Desktop Manager" for iPad users and "Remote Desktop Mobile" for iPhone users. You can find these apps in the Apple App Store*. You may install them and following the instructions below:
Using the "Remote Desktop Manager" App - for iPad and iPad Pro Users
The "Remote Desktop Manager" app provides better resolution compatibility to iPad and iPad Pro. Users with iPhones may also use this app, although the additional buttons presented by the app may occupy part of the already limited iPhone screen space. Here are the steps to use this app with your MacinCloud Mac account:
1. Download and install the free "Remote Desktop Manager" app from the App Store (The App has a blue frame icon)
2. Open the app, and create a master password for the app when prompted. This step is optional;
3. Open the app and press "+ (Add)" icon at the left lower corner to add a server connection profile;
4. Press "RDP (Microsoft Remote Desktop)" in the connection protocol list. Notice that you should NOT select the option "Apple Remote Desktop (ARD)";
5. Press "General" and then press the empty space right next to the "Name" label to give the connection a name. You can use the server name you are assigned;
6 Press "RDP (Microsoft Remote Desktop)" in the left hand "Settings" list;
a. Press the empty space next to the label "Host." (Do NOT press the "select" button at the right end.) Input "Host" name with the host/server name in the format of: [server name].macincloud.com
b. Press the empty space next to the label "Port" and Input port number: 6000
c. Input "username" of the MacinCloud Mac account
d. Input "password" of the MacinCloud Mac account
e. Press "Done" at the top left to complete the setup
7. Now on the "Local Data Source" list, click the server name we just set up;
8. You will be presented the Mac login interface of the MacinCloud server, type user name and password if needed (previously inputted password should login the account automatically).
Using the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" App - for iPhone users
1. Run the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" App on your iPad or iPhone. Press the "+" button at the right upper corner to add a new connection.
2. Select "Add PC" (or in earlier versions of the app, "Desktop"), and input: PC Name: [Your Server Name].macincloud.com:6000
This "PC Name" field is used to tell the App which server to connect to. In our case, the server is a Mac server. You will receive your server name together with your server login username and password through email after your purchase. If your server name is "A101," then you should input "A101.macincloud.com:6000" in this field. Notice that there is a ":" right before "6000".
User Name: [Your User Name]]
These two fields are all we need to input in order to initiate the connection. Press the "Save" button at the right upper corner, and you will see a new connection icon is created. Simply press the icon to initiate a connection.
3. On the next screen, press the "Don't ask me for connections to this computer" switch, and press the "Connect" button at the right upper corner.
4. Now, the "Credentials" page allows you to review your connection information. Make sure the server information and "User Name" is correct. Type your password on this page. You could also do it after you see the Mac login screen. We do not recommend you save password on this page, so do not turn on the "Store user name and password" switch.
5. Now, press "Done" at the right upper corner to initiate the connection. If you already typed in your password in the previous screen, you are now connected to the Mac. If not, you should see the Mac login screen and you can type your password to log in.
Remember to log off your account by using the Apple Icon > Log Out option when you're finished with a usage session. Be aware that simply disconnecting or closing the app will not log you off your Mac server account.
If you have any questions, please contact our support staff.
*MacinCloud is not associated with the developers of these apps. For specific app related support needs, please contact the app developer.