The latest version of Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac is now supported on MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Big Sur and later. This version of Visual Studio currently supports the latest version of Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199. Try a Mac Server with Visual Studio for Mac pre-installed by obtaining a Managed Server Plan to quickly get started!
If you do not see the latest version of Visual Studio for Mac installed on your server, please contact our Support Help Desk to request a software update.
- .NET Core SDKs have been updated to 5.0.404 and 3.1.415
- .NET will not be displayed in the New Project dialogue for .NET projects
- On M1 machines, the November releases of the .NET 5.0, 6.0 and .NET Core 3.1 x64 SDKs are not currently supported by Visual Studio for Mac 8.10
- Mono Framework MDK 188.8.131.52
- .Net Core SDK 5.0.403 and 3.1.415
- .Net Core Runtime 5.0.12 and 3.1.21
- Xamarin.Mac 184.108.40.206
- Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
- Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168
Visual Studio for Mac 22.214.171.124 is supported on macOS Big Sur and higher.
MacinCloud Managed Servers with macOS Catalina will be required to run Xamarin.iOS version v126.96.36.199 or below in order for Visual Studio to function properly. If you need a Xamarin.iOS version higher than 188.8.131.52 then you will need a macOS Big Sur.
Interested in MacinCloud Managed Servers?
Visit the Managed Server Plan page to obtain a Managed server.
Do you require full root/admin privileges on a MacinCloud Server?
Find out more about MacinCloud Dedicated Server Plans.